4WD NSW Association
The All Wheel Drive Club is a proud member of the 4WD NSW & ACT Association. Click on the logo below to visit their web site.
The Association Code of Ethics has been around for a long time. It is up to every member of every club to ensure they, and fellow members, understand and adhere to this code.
For example in accordance with rule 10 “respect the rights of others” don’t run night trips adjacent to populated areas the noise carries for kilometres and Rule 5 “Carry your own and other rubbish out” means pick up not just your own rubbish to clean the area.
- OBEY THE LAWS AND REGULATIONS FOR RECREATIONAL VEHICLES THAT APPLY TO PUBLIC LANDS
- RESPECT THE CULTURAL, HERITAGE AND ENVIRONMENTAL VALUES OF PUBLIC/PRIVATE LAND BY OBEYING RESTRICTIONS THAT MAY APPLY
- RESPECT OUR FLORA AND FAUNA. STOP AND LOOK BUT NEVER DISTURB
- KEEP TO FORMED VEHICLE TRACKS
- KEEP THE ENVIRONMENT CLEAN. CARRY YOUR OWN AND ANY OTHER RUBBISH OUT.
- KEEP YOUR VEHICLE MECHANICALLY SOUND AND CLEAN TO REDUCE THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- ADOPT MINIMAL IMPACT CAMPING AND DRIVING PRACTICES.
- SEEK PERMISSION BEFORE DRIVING ON PRIVATE LAND. DO NOT DISTURB LIVESTOCK OR WATERING POINTS, LEAVE GATES AS FOUND.
- TAKE ADEQUATE WATER, FOOD, FUEL, BASIC SPARES AND A FIRST AID KIT ON TRIPS.
- IN REMOTE AREAS TRAVEL WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE AND HAVE ROYAL FLYING DOCTOR SERVICE OR EQUIVALENT, RADIO CONTACT
- ENJOY YOUR RECREATION AND RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.
- PLAN AHEAD AND LODGE TRIP DETAILS WITH A RESPONSIBLE PERSON.
- SUPPORT FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE TOURING AS A RESPONSIBLE AND LEGITIMATE FAMILY RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY.
- CONSIDER JOINING AN AFFILIATED FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE CLUB.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 26 July 2012 22:05|